The Young Diplomats Forum (YDF) is an intensive week long programmer of practical sessions, workshops, policy exercises and institutional visits delivered by world leading experts.
Set up to recognize, enhance and develop the next generation of diplomats. This community of exceptionally bright and accomplished future leaders will gain further insight, tools and opportunities to engage with key stakeholders at a crucial time in their careers and broaden their connections to influence global leaders.
The 13th Edition of Young Diplomats Forum (YDF) is a meeting of 100 young and aspiring diplomats from over 75 countries covering every region in the world to tackle hot topics of international affairs.
Previous editions took place in Ankara (September 2013), Mexico (June 2014), London (September 2014), Greece (June 2015), Croatia ( September 2016), Latvia ( September 2017), Malaysia ( September 2018) and London ( July 2019).
The proceedings and workshops of the forum engage young diplomats with Ambassadors, MPs, MEPs, Government officials, Media and Diplomacy experts on different issues of global affairs. In addition, the Young Diplomats Forum is a cultural and entertaining experience that create international friendship among participants and engage with institutions in the host country and connect with the place.
Program Date: 2nd-6th September 2019
Highlights of the program
- Diplomacy in the 21st Century ambassadors and leading experts
- Parliamentarian Diplomacy with Members of The European Parliament the Federal Parliament of Belgium
- Priorities of Belgium Foreign Policy with officials from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Session on Belgium’s Soft Power and Brussels as a world’s Leading Diplomatic Hub
- The Future of the EU: A day long sessions with EU officials and Parliamentarians on EU Foreign Policy, Defense Union and institutional reforms
- Visit and a session NATO role and challenges
- The role of think tanks in Foreign Policy
- Institutional visits/sessions at the EU Commission, European Parliament, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Belgium, Belgium Parliament and NATO
- Policy Development Workshop
- Smart Diplomacy and Digital Diplomacy workshop on the case of the European Union with Chief Executive of the Global Diplomatic Forum
- Cultural visits to House of European History, Museum of the City of Brussels
- Should be18-35 years old
- Should be interest in International Affairs and Diplomacy
- Have a leadership Aspirations
How to apply
Applications are now open. To apply for this year’s Young Diplomats Forum in Brussels, you will need to send them a current CV and personal statement that states your leadership aspiration: What impact do you want to have through your career? (no more than 500 words) to: email@example.com
For more information about the application process, you can contact them via email on firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on +44(0) 208 853 3293