Application is now open for the 2020-2021 Leadership Development Fellowship (LDF), formerly known as the Leaders for Democracy Fellowship (LDF) Program. The Leadership Development Fellowship supported by the U.S. Department of State’s U.S. – Middle East Partnership Initiative (MEPI) and implemented by World Learning aims to engage emerging leaders across sectors in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region in identifying innovative ways to address social and economic challenges in their local communities.
Starting in 2020, the Leadership Development Fellowship will take place over 12 months and include 5 stages. This fellowship advances participants’ civic engagement and social entrepreneurship by providing advanced technical skills, financial and professional resources, and regional support networks. Emerging leaders with an established track record in civic engagement and social entrepreneurship are encouraged to apply for this application-based fellowship.
- This fellowship advances participants’ civic engagement and social entrepreneurship by providing advanced technical skills, financial and professional resources, and regional support networks.
- The LDF Fellowship will cover the cost of international travel, lodging, and health insurance, and provide a modest living stipend to cover meals and incidentals during the in-person engagements.
- Applicants must be between 28 and 35 years of age.
- Applicants must have at least five years of professional work experience in a relevant field.
- Applicants must have a minimum of five years of civic engagement and/or social entrepreneurship experience.
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree.
- Applicants in both tracks must be able to function comfortably in Arabic-speaking academic and professional environments.
- Applicants must be willing and able to participate fully in all five stages of the LDF Fellowship. Fellows will travel out of the MENA region for two weeks at the beginning of the fellowship, for three weeks to either the U.S. or Lebanon during Stage Three and again for three days at the end of the fellowship.
- Applicants must have the capacity and ability to immediately apply the knowledge and skills gained throughout the LDF Fellowship
Eligible Region: Open for all
Application Deadline: February 17, 2020
Official Link: https://mepi.state.gov/education/ldf/