Goi Peace International Essay Contest is an annual essay contest which is organized to harness the energy, creativity and initiative of the world’s youth in promoting a culture of peace and sustainable development. It also aims to inspire society to learn from young minds and to think about how each of us can make a difference in the world.
The theme for this year’s contest is “A Letter from Myself in 2030”.As a contestant, you need to imagine what an ideal world ten years from now would be like. Write a letter from yourself in 2030 to your present (2020) self, in which you describe the state of the world, the way people are living, and what you, yourself, are doing in society. Also, include any important message that you might wish to tell your present self.
- 1st Prize: Certificate, prize of 100,000 Yen (approx. US$900 as of Feb. 2020) … 1 entrant
- 2nd Prize: Certificate, prize of 50,000 Yen (approx. US$450 as of Feb. 2020) and gift … 2 entrants
- 3rd Prize: Certificate and gift … 5 entrants
Honorable Mention: Certificate and gift … 25 entrants
- Essays may be submitted by anyone up to 25 years old (as of June 15, 2020) in one of the following age categories:
a) Children (ages up to 14)
b) Youth (ages 15 – 25)
- Essays must be 700 words or less in English, French, Spanish or German, or 1600 characters or less in Japanese, excluding essay title and cover page. Essays may be typed or printed.
- Essays must be original and unpublished. Plagiarized entries will be rejected.
- Essays must be written by one person. Co-authored essays are not accepted.
Eligible Regions: Open for All
Application Deadline: June 15, 2020
Official Link: https://www.goipeace.or.jp/en/work/essay-contest/