MADRE’s VIVA Girls Initiative’s first-ever open call for grants supports the leadership, power, creativity, and organizing of girls around the world!
MADRE is an international women’s human rights organization. They partner with community-based women’s groups worldwide facing war and disaster. Their mission is to advance women’s human rights by meeting urgent needs in communities and building lasting solutions to the crises women face. Their history is rooted in progressive movements for peace, justice and women’s human right.
- The grants(financial support) will be awarded in 2 cycles.
- These two cycles differ in the timeline for receiving funds but do not differ ineligibility or any other criteria.
- Additionally, based on your application and eligibility criteria, they will reach out about the second (and final) phase of the application process.
- MADRE supports initiatives through grants (financial support) of $100 to $20,000
- They provide flexible financial support that can be used for general support and/or projects, to be used over 12 months.
- At month 9, they will review progress with the grantees (successful applicants) to discuss possible project and funding renewal.
- The community should work with girls and young women (up to age 30) who identify as Afro-descendant, disabled, Indigenous and/or LGBTIQ, and those from communities confronting climate crisis, war, conflict, disaster, and their aftermath.
- Based in VIVA Girls geographic regions: Africa, Asia, Middle East, Latin America and the Caribbean, and the Pacific.
- They are looking for financial support (a grant) for a community project that works to meet immediate needs and also creates solutions to community challenges.
- They have an annual operating budget under $100,000 US dollars.
- The applicants should plan to implement, or is currently implementing work that aims to:
- Build a Just Peace-Preventing, surviving, and recovering from war, to create lasting peace.
- Advance Climate Justice – defending against the climate crisis and advocating for just economic and environmental policies.
- End Gender-Based Violence – confronting abuses and creating protections for women, girls, and LGBTIQ people.
Eligible Regions: Open for all.
Application Deadline: February 10, 2020
Official Link: https://www.madre.org/viva-girls-call-proposals