World Nomads is accepting applications for its travel writing scholarships. Three aspiring writers will win a 14-day travel writing trip to the Caribbean!
The winners will attend a four-day workshop led by The New York Times and Outside magazine contributor Tim Neville. They will then travel to multiple destinations alone and document their trips.
The travel writing workshop in Panama will take place from 14 September to 17 September 2020. The individual trips across a specific region of the Caribbean will take place from 18 September to 27 September 2020.
- Return economy airfare from the nearest international airport to Panama.
- 4-day all-expenses-paid workshop with professional travel writer and scholarship mentor, Tim Neville in Panama hosted by Selina.
- A 10-day all-expenses-paid trip in a specific part of the Caribbean, courtesy of Bamba.
- $500 worth of Toad&Co. sustainable travel apparel and gear.
- Portfolio review of content produced on the trip by National Geographic Editor-at-large Norie Quintos.
- The cost of any relevant visas and vaccinations and travel insurance for the duration of the trip from World Nomads.
- You need to be 18 or over at the time of the application deadline (before 11 March 2020).
- You must have an exceptionally high degree of proficiency in written English.
- You do need a current passport with at least six months left before expiry. They will assist the winner in acquiring a visa and reimburse all associated costs. However, the applicant must be eligible to obtain a visa to travel to Panama.
- The scholarship is not open to professional writers of any kind. Essentially this is a ‘learning opportunity’ for someone who is looking for an introduction into the travel writing industry and more importantly, is keen to be mentored.
Eligible Regions: Open for all
Application Deadline: March 11, 2020
Official Link: https://www.worldnomads.com/create/scholarships/writing/2020