Kathmandu, 23 June, 2015Â :Â 600,000 people that had previously left Kathmandu Valley after the April 25 earthquake have not returned the Valley yet.
As per the traffic police, more than 3.8 million people had left the valley from April 25 to June 22 and only 3.24 persons entered the valley.
During the earthquake, 1.9 million left the valley from April 14 to May 14, while more than 1.5 million from May 15 to June 15 and around half million from June 15 to 22. Meanwhile, in the successive periods, 1.1 million, 1.6 million and 4,49,930 persons returned to the valley respectively.
A huge number of people living as in the rented rooms in the Kathmandu Valley had returned to their home districts with the mindset of not returning, said Metropolitan Traffic Police Division Spokesperson SP Poshraj Pokharel.
SP Pokharel said, “During the checking, we saw a huge number of people getting out from the valley with their belongings that suggested they were tenants. And it seems they will not return.”
Indicating the possibility of not returning, many parents have changed the schools of their children.
With the announcement of the results of SLC exams, a high number of students seeking higher education have entered the valley.
A total of 449,930 people have entered the valley from June 16 to June 22 while only 427,370 left in the same time.