The University of Sheffield has a strong commitment to International Development. One of the themes of the University’s strategy is ‘celebrating, promoting and increasing the volume of the work that we do to improve the lives of others through international relationships, locally and abroad’. Building on this commitment the University, in collaboration with the Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust and the Sheffield Institute for International Development, is now able to offer 10 scholarships (over 3 years) targeted at international students from developing countries for a number of courses that are affiliated with the Sheffield Institute for International Development.
Location: United Kingdom
- A full tuition fee waiver
- Maintenance for University accommodation and a monthly stipend
- Must be classified as overseas for tuition fee purposes.
- Must be self-funded to receive this award, i.e. not funded by a research council, government, private enterprise, charity or any similar organization.
- This scholarship cannot be awarded in conjunction with any other funding awards, either from the University of Sheffield or external sources.
- Mode of attendance must be full time.
- Must begin your studies at the University of Sheffield in 2020. This scholarship cannot be deferred.
- Receipt of the scholarship is subject to successfully meeting any condition(s) attached to your offer before the deadline provided by the Admissions Service.
- Receipt of the scholarship is subject to successfully receiving a visa to study at the University in September 2020.
Eligible Regions: Afghanistan, Angola, Armenia, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cambodia, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Egypt, El Salvador Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Kiribati, Kosovo, Kyrgyzstan, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Philippines, Rwanda, Samoa, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Swaziland, Syrian Arab Republic, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tokelau, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vietnam, West Bank and Gaza Strip, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Application Deadline: May 6, 2020