Applications are now open for the Alserkal Residency Summer Programme 2020 in Dubai. Alserkal Residency is a platform for artistic and discursive exchange, seeking to support cultural practitioners as they realize projects pertinent to their respective practices.
The program is designed to be immersive and engage the local interdisciplinary community through a series of public events and conversations. It is founded by Abdelmonem Bin EisaAlserkal and the Alserkal family, the Residency focuses on research-based and socially engaged practices. Alserkal Residency is part of the Alserkal Arts Foundation.
The Alserkal Residency Summer Cycle is open to artists, writers, architects, curators, and researchers who are currently citizens or permanent residents of the MEASA. (Middle East, Africa, and South Asia)
- Return flights from the resident’s home city to Dubai.
- Single-room accommodation, in a shared space with up to three other residents
- Research stipend.
- Programming stipend.
- 24-hour access to an individual studio at Alserkal Residency.
- Support from the Alserkal Residency team.
- Introductions and critiques with international and local art professionals, who are part of Alserkal Avenue’s network of peers.
- Are required to present the following materials as part of their application in a single PDF. Please make sure to upload a PDF file(less than 2MB)containing the following information in the order outlined below. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Full CV with complete contact information (full name, phone contact, email address, Skype ID and personal website URL if applicable).
- Professional statement of no more than 250 words.
- A statement of intent: approximately 500 words, which includes a description of what the artist / cultural practitioner would like to present for their public program. The statement should also mention if there are any specific media or studio requirements.
- Portfolio (the portfolio will not take the place of the statement of intent).
- Documentation should be of recent work (dating back no longer than 5 years) and should contain up to 15 images. An image list should be included containing the title, date, size, and materials. If your portfolio is larger than 2 MB, please include a link to dropbox.com where it can be viewed.
- If images are not possible due to the nature of the applicant’s work, they can send URL links (up to 4 video/audio URL links) that support the application (no longer than 5 minutes each). Curators / Writers / Researchers should include a minimum of two writing samples of 500 words each.
Eligible Regions: Open for permanent resident of Africa, Middle East (United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Palestine, Saudi Arabia, Syria, and Turkey), and South Asia (Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka).
Application Deadline: January 1, 2020
Official Link: https://alserkalavenue.ae/en/residence.php