This is the flagship programme and applications are now open for the Anant Fellowship for the Built Environment 2020-21 in India.
India’s first Design University Anant National University, which is a one-year multidisciplinary Fellowship for the Built Environment. It is established as a private university in 2016. It is an expansive and lush greenery campus in Ahmedabad with an aim to nurture Solutionaries, leaders who are revolutionary in their thinking, but solution oriented in their approach to how our buildings, neighborhoods, cities, culture, and environment are designed and built. The ability to drive systemic change requires technical knowledge and expertise, in addition to the skills of empathy, collaboration, problem-solving and leadership.
The first Design University in India offers full-time programmes at the level of Bachelor’s and Master’s in Design Architecture and Built Environment. Anant University expects students to bridge the gap between contemporary socio-economic challenges and sustainable solutions through design thinking.
- Enhance your technical and core skills in architecture, design and planning
- Be trained to think broadly and deeply across topics ranging from Green Urbanism, Earth Based Construction Techniques, Design Thinking, Transportation, Anthropology, Sociology, Economics, among others
- Gain a deeper understanding of yourself and others, and develop imaginative empathy
- Collaborate with like-minded individuals from diverse disciplines and take up a Built Environment challenge with an opportunity for real-life impact
- Become purpose-driven leaders who contribute to the larger society by creating unique Built Environment solutions
- Need-based and Merit-based scholarships available
- Open to students from all backgrounds. Preference will be given to students from the disciplines of architecture, design, planning, environmental sciences, civil and construction engineering, and relevant social science disciplines.
- Applicants must have a sound academic record and should have successfully completed an undergraduate or postgraduate degree before the start of the Fellowship.
- Applicants must be able to show a demonstrated commitment to improving the Built Environment and an understanding of the issues pertaining to the area.
- Anant Fellowship is committed to diversity; we invite applications from students and professionals of all age-groups, socio-economic backgrounds, and geographies both in India and internationally.
Eligible Regions: Open for All
Application deadline: December 31, 2019
Official Link: https://anu.edu.in/fellowship/