The Hansen Summer Institute on Leadership and International CooperationÂ is an exciting international program funded by a generous grant from the Fred J. Hansen Foundation. The Institute provides a unique University-based leadership experience and program in international cooperation.
A primary goal of the program focuses on creating an international community of young scholars who will use their summer experience as a foundation for creating lasting friendships and acquiring common practical understanding of a more peaceful future. Program elements will involveÂ classroom instructionÂ andÂ hands-on trainingÂ in the latest techniques of conflict resolution, mediation, and inter-cultural management. Classroom training will complement local excursions to San Diego historical attractions and cultural events including a fourth of July parade, a Padres baseball game, and a harbor cruise.
- Upper division undergraduate with 2 years of college/university or graduate student with a professional interest in international relations, diplomacy, international economic development or related studies.
- Student must be between the ages of 20-25 on July 1, 2017.
- Must have demonstrated leadership potential outside of the classroom in the community, nation or region.
- Have an academic advisor verify the candidateâ€™s English proficiency (included in reference from the academic referee).
- Have a valid international passport with US visa if necessary by the time the program begins.
- Preference will be given to those who have never visited the United States.
Benefits of the Program:
- Accommodation and meals for the duration of the program, with shared rooms with participants of the same gender.
- Transportation to/from the campus to all meetings and activities.
- Program materials.
- Certificate of Participation
NON-US FellowsÂ also receive:
- Round trip international air travel from the participantâ€™s home town to San Diego, California.
- DS-2019-Student and Exchange Visitor (SEVIS) fee.
- Health insurance for the duration of the program.
For application process, ClickÂ Here
Deadline: January 6, 2017