Every year, the World YWCA offers two or moreÂ one-yearÂ internships and two short-term internships for young women from the movement who are passionate about womenâ€™s rights and global change. Based on the experiences of successful candidates, young women will be selected to participate in one of the following â€“ The UN Commission on theÂ Status of Women (CSW),Â CEDAW Committee Sessions, The UN Human Rights Council in Geneva, or other relevant international forum.
A minimum of two advocacy and communications internships are available with additional possibilities subject to funding.
The application deadline for the one-year internship programme isÂ September 30, 2016Â and the deadline for the short term internship programme applications isÂ 30 November 2016.
The two selected one year internship candidates will benefit from:
- Training opportunities in leadership, communication platforms, programme development and advocacy work;
- Exposure to the work of international NGOs and UN agencies including representing the World YWCA at UN and international NGO meetings;
- Communications projects such as Monthly E-bulletin,Â World YWCA website,Â She Speaks blog, social media and on line campaigns;
- Developing skills in good governance, project development, team building, administration, finance and event planning;
- Opportunities to learn about the work of other national associations through international training and advocacy events.
Apply by sending your application toÂ email@example.com