Applications are invited for theÂ International Development Youth Forum in Japan on March 12 â€“ 19, 2017. In 2013, it was founded to provide the chance for youths with the interest in international development to meet each other, to know the situation in other countries, to share different ideas, and to create output for better society together.
Despite of the great success in 2016, IDYF 2017 will go beyond that of the previous forum by welcoming many highly motivated youths, who are willing to â€œdesign our futureâ€ with us in Tokyo, Japan.
In the forum, participants will be divided into 6 teams and each team will analyze one of the case studies and plan solutions. Case studies are as follows:
- Garment Industry in Bangladesh
- Soybean Industry in Brazil
- Cut Flowers Industry in Kenya
- Those who are 18 to 28 years old
- Those who have not participated in previous IDYFs
- Fluency in English for discussion and presentation
- Must be able to attend all programs during the forum
If you are selected to participate in IDYF 2017, you will be required to pay 25,000 JPY, which covers your accommodation, meals, and transportation fees during the forum (March 12th to 19th 2017).
- It doesnâ€™t include transportation fees from the airport to the venue, accommodation fee before and after the program, or insurance.
- Optional tour on 19th is not covered.
- Payment details will be announced after the results of the selection.
Scholarship Applications: IDYF 2017 has two separate application types, one for self-funded candidates, and another for scholarship candidates. Note that you cannot apply for both.
Scholarships will be given to only one to three applicants with financial difficulties, which will cover:
- Flight tickets
- Participation fee
Applicants who wish to apply for the scholarship must submit the application form for scholarship applicants, not the one for the self-funded applicants. Those who passed the document screening will be invited to Skype interview.
Please submit online application form by 27 November 2016, 23:59 JST (GMT/UTC +09:00)
Other Things to Note:
- The schedule of interview will be informed via email by December 6th, and the interview will be held from 7th to 11th, December.
- Successful applicants will be notified of their results on the website by December 18th. The list of the applicants who passed the selection will be published.
- Location: Tokyo, Japan.
Date: March 12 -19, 2017.
Funding: Fully Funded.
Open to: young people between 18 and 28 years old from all over the world.
- DEADLINE:Â November 27, 2016