The United Nations University (UNU-WIDER) UN Visiting PhD Fellowship Programme is inviting doctoral students around the world to apply for a funded opportunity to utilize the resources and facilities at UNU-WIDER for their PhD dissertation or thesis research and to work with UNU-WIDER researchers in areas of mutual interest.
PhD fellows typically spend 3 consecutive months at UNU-WIDER and are expected to return to their home institution afterwards. During their time in Helsinki, PhD interns prepare one or more research papers and present a seminar on their research findings. PhD interns may also have the opportunity to publish their research in the WIDER Working Paper Series. The research proposal by the applicants should contain the following sections.
The selected applicants must confirm their decision to take up UNU-WIDER’s offer two weeks after being contacted.
- Travel Grant (from and to the location)
- Medical insurance
- Monthly stipend: EUR 1,600
- Applicants have to be currently enrolled in a PhD program
- Applicants must have demonstrated the ability to conduct research on developing economies
- Fluency in oral and written English is necessary
- Good quantitative and/or qualitative analytical skills
- Candidates working in developing countries and those who are at later stages of the PhD will be preferred.
Eligible Regions: Open for all
Application Deadline: March 31, 2020