Are you the future of journalism? Apply now for the British Council Future News Worldwide 2020 which is fully funded.
The program is looking for 100 of the world’s most talented, motivated and passionate student journalists to attend an intensive media training program. They will receive exclusive coaching from world-leading editors, broadcasters, writers, and reporters, and see how publishers around the world are using technology to find stories and bring them to life like never before.
Future News Worldwide is a partnership program between the British Council and some of the world’s leading media organizations. The aim is to support young people to develop a wide range of journalism skills and to establish the UK as a global leader in the nurturing of young journalists and media figures.
If you’re a student or a recent graduate who’s passionate about journalism then they want to hear from you! Whether you’re a writer, blogger, vlogger, photographer, radio journalist or work in any other kind of media you can apply for a place at Future News Worldwide 2020.
- Flight Expenses
- Coaching from world-leading editors, broadcasters, writers and reporters.
- Age between 18-25
- A registered student, enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate course (of any subject) at a university or higher education institution OR have graduated from a degree course after 1 July 2018
- A native speaker of English or be able to speak English at IELTS level 6.5 or equivalent (a formal qualification is not required, just the ability to speak at this level)
- Not have participated in Future News Worldwide or Future NEWS before
- Dedicated to a career in journalism, in any form
- Available to travel to and from the UK on any date between 11 – 16 July 2020.
Eligible Regions: Open For All
Application Deadline: February 14, 2020
Official Link: https://www.britishcouncil.org/future-news-worldwide/apply