Kathmandu, November 15, 2017: Landmark Education in partnership with Glocal Pvt. Ltd. is organizing the first National Essay Competition 2017 on the theme, ‘Education for Development’.
Education is fundamental to development and it aims to improve development at all levels, and in all social contexts, to bring change in society. Besides education helps develop knowledge, skills, values and behaviors and there is no better way for achieving that, than through quality education.
The competition gives students from diverse backgrounds a platform to share their views about improving the current education system of Nepal.
The winner in the competition will bag a purse of NRs. 50,000, whereas the first and second runner-ups will take away cash prizes of Rs. 30,000 and Rs. 20, 000 respectively.
The competition is open to all college students (Nepali citizenship) (Class 11, 12, A level, or in Diploma programs).
Terms and Conditions:
- The essay must be written in English.
- Only one entry per participant is allowed. Once the essay is submitted, students will not have the opportunity to revise it. (Please carefully check and improve your writing before submitting the final copy, and also ensure that all supplementary information is filled in correctly (Name, School Name, Class, and Contact details, etc.)
- The maximum word count is 1000 words. Exceeding the word count will result in automatic disqualification.
- Plagiarism is not accepted in the competition. The plagiarism will be tested.
- The final copy submitted for the competition must be the entrant’s own work, and cannot be excessively corrected or improved by another person.
- By entering the competition, you agree that your name, email, school name and the essay would be sent to any Essay Competition partners. Winners and Runners-up of the National Essay Competition will have their full names, schools, essays and photographs displayed competition partner website and social media channels.
- Essays can only be uploaded as a Microsoft Word document (.doc or .docx) or in PDF format (.pdf).
- ‘Macquarie University International College (MUIC) and English Language Centre (ELC) of Macquarie University, Australia will judge the top 3 winners. Their decision will be final.
Application Deadline: 26 November 2017
To apply, visit http://landmarkedu.com/essay2017