Every year, Snow Yak Foundation has been engaging motivated youth to serve as teachers in some of the remotest villages in Lower and Upper regions of Dolpa district.
The foundation has called for applications from interested candidates for Snow Yak Teaching Fellowship 2017 which will entail:
- Training, orientation and preparation happening in February and March.
- Departure to Dolpa in two batches in late February and mid-April, that involve flight and multiple days of trekking.
- Service for six months at local schools in a team of two or three.
- Living and learning from Upper and Lower Dolpa communities.
- One of the candidates will be selected as a team leader in each batch.
- Written reports and reflection upon the return between October and November 2017.
- Completed +2, ‘A’ Levels or an equivalent level of education.
- Physically fit to trek and live in cold conditions.
- Candidates with prior experience in working in rural communities and/or teaching will be preferred
- A good team player.
Fellows will receive financial support for transportation as well as basic living stipends for their service in Upper Dolpa.
Application deadline: January 31, 2017.
Apply hereÂ for the fellowship!
For further information, visit isnowyak.blogspot.com and www.facebook.com/Snow-Yak-Foundation-853976244612754/