While the national and international leaders have made commitments for the young population in terms of social and economic well-being, this section of society seems to be unaware of their own age identity to get the fullest of their own rights. Youth Studies, an interdisciplinary course by YUWA, aims to impart young population (15-24) with conceptual understanding of youth and its issues; and enable the participants to use youth-friendly methodologies to seek answers to their problems.
This course is a blend of theoretical and practical knowledge designed especially targeting the needs of young people using youth-friendly methodologies.
Application for Youth Studies is now open for the March 2017 intake.
Topics to be covered:
- Meaning and concept of youth
- Sociopolitical history of youth
- Characteristics and Principles regarding youth
- Issues, opportunities and challenges of youth
- Youth: Demographic bonus or demographic challenge?
- Youth and Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
- Concept of National Youth Policies
- Global Youth Policies
- Cross country and cross-regional youth policies analysis
- Advocacy and campaign
- Inter-generational Talk
- Youth and social media
Group discussions, group exercise, power-point presentation etc.
Who can apply?
- The age between 15-24.
- Can commit 3 hours per day
WHEN: 2 PM to 5 PM, 15 to 20th March 2017
WHERE: YUWA, Maharajgunj
FEES: Rs. 1500 per person
TOTAL SEATS: 20
Application Deadline: 12th March, 2017
To apply, visit http://bit.ly/Youthstudies