Embassy of India in Kathmandu has announced a Photography Competition. Interested participants are required to send at least three high-resolution photographs in jpg/jpeg file format (300 KB to 2 MB) of any of the following categories of Projects (ongoing and completed) being executed with the assistance of Government of India in various districts of Nepal:
- Schools and Colleges,
- Hospitals and other health institutions,
- Religious and Cultural sites,
- Major roads, bridges, and highways,
- River Protection/Training works,
- Departments and Offices, and
- Irrigation, drinking water projects and rural electrification work
The photographs may be sent at email@example.com Â byÂ January 31, 2017, along with the following details:
- Name of the Participant with contact details â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦.
- Project category, title and its location â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦
Three prizes in each category mentioned above will be given in the following manner:
First Prize: NRs. 12,000/-
Second Prize: NRs. 10,000/-
Third Prize: NRs. 8,000/-
Rules for Photography Competition
- There is no entry fee.
- Submitted photographs must have been taken in Nepal and be the photographer’s own work.
- Participants may enter as many photos as they like in each category of projects and can participate in all categories.
- The content of the image must not be altered. Only retouching which conforms to currently accepted standards in the industry is allowed. The jury is the ultimate arbiter of these standards and may at its discretion request the original, un-retouched file as recorded by the camera or an un-toned scan of the negative or slide.
- High dynamic range images (HDR) and watermark in the image are not accepted. Stitching of multiple images for a panoramic image is accepted but has to be specified in the description.
- All images should be digital files. Pictures taken in other formats should be scanned, and the digital formats should be submitted.
- The dimension of the photo must be 2000 pixel (the wider side), 300 dpi and a file size of 300 KB to 2 MB. The photo should be in jpg/jpeg file format.
- The winning photographs and exhibiting photos will be selected by the Jury.
- The Embassy retains the copyright of the photographs for a year for its publicity efforts, only after which can the photographs use/disseminate the same. Photo credits will be mentioned wherever the photograph is used.
- The photos submitted for the competition would be the property of the Embassy if the photo is used for publicity and other purposes.
- Participant shall provide high-resolution image for the print material (large size photo, book) after the completion of judging.
- If any controversy arises during the competition, the decision made by the Jury will be final.
Winners will be announced through http://www.indianembassy.org.np by January 10, 2017.