The Daayitwa Nepal Public Service Fellowship Program (DNPSF) is a programme where policy entrepreneurs collaborate with the government to conduct economic policy research and promote evidence-based policy decisions. The fellowship programme competitively selects and places young professionals and students in public agencies and with parliamentarians for 3 months, builds their technical and adaptive capacities, and enables them to provide research support to their public partners.
During the past seven fellowship cycles (2013-2019), the fellowship program has supported 99 policy entrepreneurs from 28 countries to collaborate with 28 ministries and public agencies, and 24 parliamentarians to conduct research projects.
With a key motive of “My Government, My Responsibility,” the Government of Nepal and Daayitwa have been partnering to identify and apply innovative methods of researching to find evidence for promoting entrepreneurship and strengthening governance.
The programme is a full-time commitment that will take place in the summer of 2020 from June to August. The fellows are expected to be available during the entirety of the programme. The collaborative initiative, Daayitwa Nepal Public Service Fellowship, has become an action-platform for Nepali students and young professionals, in Nepal and internationally.
We have identified and divided key policy issues into five thematic research topics:
● Access to Investment
●Women’s Economic Empowerment
● Enterprise Value Chain
● Youth Employment
● Governance Reform
- Fellows will receive a stipend of NRP.1600 to support them.
- Fellows will receive a leadership course provided by the Nepal Leadership Academy.
- Fellows also receive a public administration course and research mentorship with the Governance Lab.
- Applicants are expected to have completed a bachelor’s degree in Public Policy.
- Applicants must have research experience preferably in the field of public policy analysis or implementation.
- Master’s candidates are preferred.
Eligible Regions: Nepali Citizens.
Application Deadline: February 29, 2020