Campaign launched for upgrading Bharatpur hospital to teaching hospital  

by Glocal Khabar 971 views0

Campaign launched for upgrading Bharatpur hospital to teaching hospital  

Ratnanagar (Chitwan),18 Dec 2014: A campaign has kicked off to develop the Chitwan-based Bharatpur Hospital into a teaching hospital.

The hospital board of directors has constituted a taskforce under the convenorship of hospital senior doctor Bijay Poudel to study about the matter and prepare a report to that end. The board reached a conclusion that the hospital had the potentiality for being upgraded to a medical college, according to hospital medical superintendent Keshab Raj Bhurtel.

It may be noted that Chitwan is being developed into a medical city and the Bharatpur hospital is capable for running the medical classes, Dr Bhurtel added.

The hospital annual statistics show that the hospital provides OPD services to 150,000 people while 30,000 were admitted to the hospital. Likewise, 500,000 patients visit the hospital in the search for emergency services. The hospital gets only 20 per cent assistance from the government and the remaining 80 per cent budget for running it is managed from internal sources, according to Dr Bhurtel.

Presently, Chitwan has over two dozen hospitals including the Bharatpur, two medical colleges and one cancer hospital.

Source RSS



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.