Applications are now open for Chateaubriand Fellowship Program 2020-2021. The Chateaubriand Fellowship in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics & Biology-Health for doctoral students aims to initiate or reinforce collaborations, partnerships or joint projects between French and American research teams.
The Chateaubriand Fellowship supports Ph.D. students registered in an American university who wish to conduct part of their doctoral research in a French laboratory.
This fellowship is offered by the office for science and technology(OST) of the Embassy of France in the United States in partnership with universities and research organizations in France and the United States. It is a partner of the National Science Foundation’s GROW program.
- A monthly stipend,
- Health insurance for the entire duration of the fellowship.
- A round-trip ticket to France.
- Candidates must be currently working on their Ph.D.
- Candidates do not have to be U.S. citizens, but they must be enrolled in an American university.
- Candidates must obtain a letter of recommendation from their advisor(s) in the U.S., as well as a letter of invitation from a professor affiliated with a French university or research institution. Please contact your supervisor in France as early as possible.
- All STEM and Health disciplines are eligible.
- The required level of French remains at the discretion of the host laboratory.
Eligible Regions: All Nationalities.
Application Deadline: January 7, 2020.