Applications are invited from young minds around the world with leadership potential for the Deloitte – One Young World Scholarship 2020 which aims at sponsoring awardees to attend the One Young World Summit 2020 at Munich, Germany.
Education is the cornerstone of sustainable development yet there are currently 1.8 billion young people (aged 10-24) worldwide and over half of this population will not have the skills necessary to participate in the emerging global workforce. The United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) clearly recognize that this gap must be closed, as the international community more explicitly addresses the challenges of quality and equity in education.
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2020 in Munich;
- Hotel accommodation in a private room between 13 and 17 (inclusive) October 2020;
- The cost of travel to and from Munich (economy class);
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner (provided by the hotel and during the Summit);
- Ground transportation between Summit venues
- Participation in Deloitte-hosted sessions for their delegation in the lead-up to and during the Summit, and a Deloitte “buddy.”
This scholarship is for young leaders focussed on improving the education, skills, and access to opportunities for people in their communities, countries, or world at large. The scholarship is seeking candidates who have demonstrated commitment to-
- Improving access to education, skills, or employment opportunities for those that may be left behind by the rapidly changing global economy.
- Creating skills development or lifelong learning opportunities for people to prepare for the future workforce, including in areas where there are talent shortages.
- Accelerating entrepreneurship, new types of employment, or provide opportunities for people to overcome traditional barriers to employment. Also One Young World will assess candidates based on their:
- Evidenced commitment to delivering positive change
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership
- Understanding of key local and/or global issues
- Track record of generating impactful and innovative solutions to address education and skills challenges
Eligible Regions: Open for all