Home Education Department of Education (DoE) said none of the students lacks textbook this...

Department of Education (DoE) said none of the students lacks textbook this academic year


Kathmandu, April 1, 2018: The Nepali New Year is about to drop on April 15;  this year none of the students will face lacking textbooks of Grade I to X, stated Department of Education.

DoE officials said that they had finished 90 percent of printing textbooks. The remaining of 10 percent will be printed and delivered to available place within a few days.

To fulfil its promise, the department needs to supply textbook to all 77 district within 10 days.

We are now focusing on delivering textbook to remote places and for this purpose, we have already provided money to local levels through which they can buy necessary books from private vendors and the outlet of Janak Education Material Centre said Deputy Director at Education Material Management Section at DoE Devi Ram Aryal.

A representative of private vendors, Deepak Bhandari said that the books would be hand out by all printing firms associated with Federation of Nepal Books and Stationery.

The government is managing to provide colourful textbooks for the student of Grade I to V for the first time. As per the constitution of free education up to Grade X, the government has also provided the textbooks for free.

Textbooks of Grade VI to X are published by Janak Education Material Centre alone. Seventeen private printing firms and the government-owned JEMC which have been entrusted with printing school textbooks.

The department estimated the number of books needed for this academic session on the basis of a number of students recorded this year.

As claimed by the press, more than Rs 2.222 billion to the local level of propose which was issued by DoE. The record shows 3,305,614 students were in enrolled in Grade I to V last year and 2,224,917 students were enrolled in Grade VI to X.

Source: THT