Kathmandu, February 9, 2018: In order to equip young leaders with tools and vision that will motivate transformative leadership and active community engagement, Non Resident Nepali Association (NRNA) has opened up its application for ‘Youth Leadership Scholarship Award 2018‘ for students of Nepali origin. The application deadline is March 31, 2018.
Four undergraduate students of Nepali origin from four different regions will be awarded $1000 for achieving their academic goal during their academic year. The winner of the award will be declared on June 1, 2018.
For gaining an eligibility for the scholarship, students should follow the criteria,
- Must be a legal resident – U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or F1 student to meet the criteria.
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student in a 4-year college/university.
- Must have cumulative GPA of 3.00 or above.
- Must have completed at least 30 credit hours towards his/her undergraduate degree.
- Completed and signed an application form.
- At least one leadership as well as an academic recommendation from professors and officers from organizations the applicant is associated with.
- Leadership accomplishments – at least 2 activities the applicant has either organized or participated in. Proof of participation is required.
- Copy of most recent unofficial transcript
- An essay with a minimum of 350 words that justifies why the applicant &serves this scholarship.
The selection process will be considering the applicants’ leadership quality, strong academic ability, and achievements. The leadership quality includes not only students’ engagement in Nepali community organizations in the USA but their representation within the university community to promote Nepali culture, involved in Nepali student organization and university/college organizations that work towards positively influencing others to give back to the communities.
Deadline: March 31, 2018
Application form: Click Here
Drop in your queries at email@example.com