Mahatma Gandhi Scholarship Scheme
Terms & Conditions
Embassy of India, Kathmandu invites online applications for Mahatma Gandhi Scholarship on prescribed data-sheets from Nepalese nationals enrolled in Class-XI in recognized schools/colleges in Nepal. 2000 scholarships are available under the scheme for the academic year 2016-17.
- Candidate should be Nepalese citizen.
- Candidates should be regular student of class XI and studying in any recognized school/college of Nepal.
- Family income of the candidate must be less than NRs. 2,00,000/- per annum and income proof should be certificated by CDO/VDC will be acceptable. In case income proof is not certified by CDO/VDC then the application will be summarily rejected.
3. Scholarship Amount:
Selected students will get a scholarship of NRs.2,000/- per month in the first year. This will be continued in the second year also, provided that the awardee gets aggregate 50% or above marks in Class-XI. The scholarship will be discontinued if the percentage of marks obtained by the awardee falls below 50% in class XI or for any other reason that the Embassy may deem necessary.
Note: Copy of class XI pass mark sheet should be submitted in the month of January 2018 filling which the scholarship may be terminated.
4. Selection Process:
- The final selection will be based on academic record.
- Name of candidates short-listed will be placed on Indian Embassy website. The candidates should indicate their address and contact telephone numbers/ e-mail address clearly on the online data sheet. Any change in address/ telephone number should also be intimated immediately through letter.
- Girls, Dalits, Physically challenged students and students residing in the remote districts of Nepal are strongly encouraged to apply for the scholarship.
- Children of retired/ serving Nepalese soldiers in Indian Army are required to furnish a certificate to this effect and send it through Assistant Military AttachÃ© (welfare), Embassy of India, Kathmandu. This should be done in case they are selected and intimation of selection given to them.
5. Instructions for filling Data-Sheet
- The Data-Sheet should be submitted online through Embassy of India website www.indianembassy.org.np/ischolarship. Upon successful submission, system would generate an automated acknowledgement slip having Batch No. and Acknowledge Number. Candidates are advised to print and keep it as proof of the submission of their application and for future reference/correspondence/enquiry. They are advised to check the Embassy website for any further information with regard to the scholarship scheme.
- Candidates should upload their original scanned copy of i) photograph, ii) citizenship certificate of either student or father or mother, iii) mark sheet of Class X / SLC iv) Parental Income Proof Certificate, v) Study certificate from head of the current school/college & vi) Dalit/Janjati certificates only. Those candidates who do not possess a citizenship certificate can submit the photocopy of citizenship certificate of their parents. Original documents should only be brought on the date given by the Indian Embassy at later stage. Online data-sheet may be submitted between 20th September, 2016 â€“ 14th October, 2016. Thereafter, the link for online submission would be deactivated.
Note: Candidate please ensure, before filling up online form that the email ID is mandatory to each and every person and future communication from Embassy of India, Kathmandu would be done via this email only.
Apply for MGSS visitingÂ here.
Golden Jubilee Scholarship Scheme
Terms & Conditions
Embassy of India, Kathmandu invites applications for scholarships on prescribed Application Form from Nepalese nationals enrolled in Bachelor 1st year/1st semester of under graduate courses in recognized educational institutions in Nepal, during the academic year 2016-17. Two hundred (200) scholarships will be awarded under the scheme as per the following distribution:-
- Medical ————————- 50 seats (5 years course)
- Engineering ——————- 50 seats (4 years course)
- Other disciplines ————- 100 seats (Scholarship will be restricted to 3 yrs only) (B.Sc, B.A, BBS, B.Com, B.Ed, BBA, BBM )
Candidate must be a Nepalese citizen and should have secured at least 70% marks in aggregate at the Intermediate (+2) level/ Class 12th and family income of the candidate must be less than NRs. 2,00,000/- per annum.Â Note: Those who are receiving scholarship from any other institution are not eligible to apply. (Please do not include Class XI marks)
3. Age Limit:
Applicants should be between 17 and 22 years of age as on 1st July 2016.
4. Scholarship Amount:
Selected students in medical / engineering disciplines will get a scholarship of NRs. 4,000/-per month. The scholarship for students in other disciplines will be NRs. 3,000/- per month. The scholarship will be discontinued if the percentage of marks obtained by the awardees falls below 50% in each subsequent year or for any other reason that the Embassy may deem necessary.
5. Selection Process:
- Selection will be based on merit for the candidates who meet the eligibility criteria mentioned in paragraph 2 & 3 above. If necessary, candidates will be interviewed at Kathmandu and Birgunj in Nepal.
- Names of selected candidates will be placed on Indian Embassy website and intimation to this effect will be given through e-mail. Candidates are advised to interact solely with the Education Wing, Embassy of India, Kathmandu and CGI Birgunj for the scholarship scheme. The candidates should indicate their address and contact telephone numbers/ e-mail address clearly on the Application Form. Any change in address/ telephone number should also be intimated immediately through letter bearing candidate’s signature.
- Children of retired/ serving Nepalese soldiers in Indian Army if selected, are required to furnish a certificate to this effect that he/she is a child of serving/ex-serviceman personnel of Indian Army and send their application throughÂ Asstt. Military Attache (Welfare), Embassy of India, Kathmandu.
6. Instruction for filling Application Form
- The Application Form may be submitted online through the Indian Embassy website www.indianembassy.org.np/ischolarship.Upon successful submission, system would generate an automated acknowledgement slip giving Reference and Receipt Number. Candidates are advised to print and keep it as proof of the submission of their application. The reference number can subsequently be used to keep track of the status of their application on the Embassy Website. They are advised to check the Embassy website for any further information with regard to the scholarship scheme.
- Candidates should upload their (a) photograph (b) self attested photocopy of citizenship certificate (c) mark-sheet of class XII (d) Parental income certificate issued by CDO/VDC only and (e) Certificate of Head of the Institution where the student is studying should also be uploaded. Original documents would be verified at later stage. Candidates who are not in possession of citizenship certificates should enclose copy of citizenship certificate either of mother or of father. Dalits and physically challenged candidates should upload a copy of certificate from CDO or district authorities to support their claim.
7. Application may be submitted online between 20th September, 2016 â€“ 14th October, 2016, after which the link would be deactivated.