Kathmandu, November 20, 2017: School of Management, Tribhuvan University (SOMTU) has called for the application from interested students to participate in the local edition of International Hult Prize.
Amid a press conference held in the capital on Sunday, college director Bibek Aryal presented the details of the program inviting all the aspiring students of Tribhuvan University to come up with their sustainable social venture on this year’s theme ‘Harnessing the Power of Energy to Transform the Lives of 10 Million People.’
To apply for the competition, students should form a group of three to four members and register at hultprizeat.com/smtukirtipur.
The top three ideas from Tribhuvan University will be selected for the national edition of Hult Prize. Each participating college in Nepal, Pokhara University, IOE Pulchowk, SOMTU, and Kathmandu University will select three teams for the national competition and the winning team will advance to compete in one of fifteen regional finals. The final event will see 16 best teams from each regional competition gathered in USA to compete for 1,000,000 USD.
- Open to all the students of four faculties of Tribhuvan University Viz. Faculty of Management, Faculty of Law, Faculty of Education and Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Application Call: November 5, 2017
- Application Deadline: Priority deadline November 30, 2017 Late: December 5, 2017
- Participants’ Screening: November 28 – December 7, 2017
- Campus Final: December 13, 2017
- Regional Finals: March 2018
- Accelerator Program: July- August 2018
- Hult Prize Global Final: September 2018