Kathmandu, November 7, 2017: The Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award, Nepal has called for applications from school students from all across Nepal for the prestigious award this year.
The Award is world’s leading youth achievement award, with more than 1.3 million young people in 144 countries participating.
As a non-formal education framework, the Award can play a vital role in providing opportunities for young people to develop essential life skills, increase their employability and foster their creativity and innovation.
The Award is open to anyone 14-24 years old and is available in 3 levels – Bronze, Silver, & Gold. Each of the levels is divided into 4 skill-developing sections, Physical Recreation, Skills, Community Service, and Adventurous Journey. The Award is transforming individuals, communities and societies around the world.
As many as 8 million young people across the world have already completed an Award.
Last year alone, 215 Nepali students from 32 schools across the nation were honored with the prestigious award.
Benefits of the Award
- Worldwide Recognition
- Helps in getting scholarships all over the world
- Helps in getting preference in job market worldwide
- Opportunity to attend different international programs both at home and abroad
- Involvement with international organizations
- International network of awardees
- Experience working with people from different levels of society and from different cultures
- Personal discovery and growth
- Social awareness and involvement in the activities of social and charity organisations
- Sense of responsibility to the self and society
- Development of life skills such as negotiation, communication, problem-solving, presentation, etc.
Are you interested to receive the award?
To apply, visit here.
For further details, visit doeianepal.org