Kathmandu, November 7, 2017: Uniglobe College in Kathmandu is all set to organize the first ever National Level Business Plan Competition on 13th January, 2018.
Graduate and Undergraduate level students from all across the nation from different disciplines can participate in the competition.
Learning through such activities are more than paper, pencil, and books. National Level Business Plan Competition-2018 is an effort to reach to all students all over the Nepal and hear the unheard ideas and furnish them. This aims to promote the entrepreneurial spirit, skills and experience among the students and to aid their creative ideas turning into successful start-ups. Participants can learn as well as earn the awards with best business plan. It is an initiation to bring different participants from diverse background in a single platform to share diverse business ideas, learn from each other, and to celebrate togetherness setting a perfect benchmark in an entrepreneurial frontier. – Pradeep Parajuli, Corporate Relationship Manager, Uniglobe College
The competition will take place in two rounds. The first round will be the qualifier round and the second and the last round will be the final competition. Firstly, the participants will be screened on the basis of the idea which will be judged after the submission of the business model. Then, top 10 finalists will be sorted out for the final round.
- The business plan should be fresh and new. It should not have been presented in any formal competition before.
- The participants will be required to participate through a formal organization. If any individual participant who is not involved in any organization, then the participant has to get the approval of participation from the organizing committee.
- The competition will be judged by the expert panel of judges from banking, entrepreneurship and marketing field. Various dimensions like creativity, value proposition, feasibility, etc. that are significant to develop business plan hold various weightage for evaluation.
- Each team should comprise of maximum three members where at least one female member is compulsory.
- The participants from outside valley will be provided with accommodation facilities in a well-reputed hotel during the competition tenure.
The competition also seeks to convey a message to students that plagiarism is against ethical code while writing a business plan.
The program will have a grand closing ceremony with press conference and distribution of prizes to the winners and help in socialization among the participations. Out of total cash prize of Rs. 100,000 winner gets Rs. 50,000 followed by Rs. 30,000 and Rs. 20,000 to the first and second runner-ups respectively. This is awarded to encourage the students from ideation stage to the formal start-ups.
“The presence of distinguished guests, venture capitalists and investors from different fields to motivate and promote the ideas in the final event day will make the competition more meaningful as investment-worthy ideas have a possibility to be financed,” shared Pradeep Parajuli, Corporate Relationship Manager at Uniglobe College.
The competition invites all the valuable ideas to get unveiled. The registration fee is set at Rs. 5,000 per team.
Registration Deadline: 17 November, 2017
For further details and to register for the competition, visit uniglobe.edu.np/business-plan-competition-details