Applications are now open for the American University’s Frederick Douglass Distinguished Scholars Program (FDDS).
American University is one of the very good private universities in Washington D.C., United States. Very bright and deserving students can enroll at a fully-funded FDDS Program at the American University.
Established in 2009, the vision of the Frederick Douglass Distinguished Scholars Program (FDDS) program is to be the premier academic community for American University’s most ambitious student and alumni leaders in pursuit of multidimensional excellence.
Bringing together the best of AU—world-class education, leadership development, and innovation—the FDDS program will elevate the college-to-career experience of our most enterprising Honors students and propel them into successful careers in health, medicine, business, government, law, education, communications, and creative industries.
- The FDDS program offers scholarships that provide full tuition, mandatory fees, books, U-Pass, room, and board.
- The current value of the award is approximately $48,459 per year.
- Awards may be renewable for four years of study provided that the student maintains a grade point average of 3.2 or higher.
- First-generation student leaders.
- Applicants with a minimum 3.8 GPA or 4.0 GPA.
- Minority students and students from economically disadvantaged backgrounds are strongly encouraged.
Eligible Region: Open for all
Application Deadline: 15 December 2019
Official Link: https://www.american.edu/financialaid/frederick-douglass.cfm