Issues of diversity and inclusion with the photographic and photojournalism industries are a complex, long-standing and industry-wide concern. While Getty Images has worked hard to source content that represents the world in which we live, as well as actively promoting inclusion within the industry through recruitment and our existing Grants programs, this is an issue that will not be solved overnight.
In partnership with a selection of the foremost minority photography and journalism associations globally, the new Getty Images Inclusion Scholarships programme aims to support emerging editorial talent within minority groups and offer aspiring photojournalists the support to pursue education that will enable careers within the industry.
- 5 x $10K scholarships are available,
- Will also get a chance to form a partnership with the following organisations: Women Photograph, Creative Access, National Association of Black Journalists, Asian American Journalism Association and the National Association of Hispanic Journalists.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old and presently engaged as a professional photojournalist.
- A professional photojournalist, for the purposes of the Getty Images Grants for Editorial Photography, is one who derives the majority of his or her income from documenting issues and events through still photography.
- Applicants may apply as individuals or teams.
- Getty Images employees may not apply.
- Contributors to Getty Images who are not employees are eligible.
- By submitting an application, the applicant certifies that he or she is eligible to apply for the grant and agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
Eligible Regions: Open for all
Official Link: https://wherewestand.gettyimages.com/gi_grants/getty-images-inclusion-scholarships/