The Global Center on Adaptation offers internships through its Young Leaders Program. Young Leaders work with our team on issues surrounding a new global climate adaptation agenda. Interns contribute to our policy, advocacy, and research efforts that help societies across the world become more resilient to climate-related threats.
The working stating for the intern is in the Netherlands at the premises of the Global Center on Adaptation, in Rotterdam and/or in Groningen. The Young Leaders work independently and with a team of experts on different assignments in an international and diverse environment during the program.
Each Young Leader receives an individual assignment matched with their existing skills and expertise. Young Leaders are individually responsible for the timely completion of their assignments, with the support of supervisors. All assignments are designed to support our vision and mission.
Young Leaders can expect to enhance their understanding of climate change adaptation, and what it takes to drive forward a new global agenda. They gain experiences that enable them to consider a wide range of perspectives and connect different points of view and develop interpersonal and leadership skills that are essential for excelling in challenging international environments.
- The Global Center on Adaptation provides a monthly compensation of €500, as well as contributions to housing and travel.
- Have an undergraduate degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent). In addition to that, enrollment status in a graduate study program (pursuing a Master’s or Ph.D.) or have graduated within 6 months of application.
- Must have a solid understanding of international development and climate change adaptation issues.
- Have demonstrable leadership potential.
- Be fluent in English. Additional knowledge of other languages such as Chinese, Arabic, Spanish, French, Russian, Portuguese is desirable.
Eligible region: Open for all
Application Deadline: 18 January 2020
Official Link: https://gca.org/young-leaders-program