Applications are open for the Global Change Leaders Program 2020 in Canada. The global change leaders program 2019 at the Coady Institute in Canada is established in 2011. The duration of the international leadership program at the Coady international institute is 7 weeks.
The Coady International Institute Scholarships 2020 will cover all the costs of the final participants. The Global Change Leaders program provides successful candidates with a scholarship that includes tuition, travel, accommodations, and meals. This is one of the best leadership programs for women’s leadership in community development.
The Global Change Leaders Program is a seven-week education program offered by Coady Institute’s International Centre for Women’s Leadership. This program enables women from developing countries to strengthen their leadership capacities in order to contribute to innovation and change in their organizations and communities. Program participants engage in learning grounded in real-world experiences and focused on Coady’s core thematic areas. Through a shared learning environment with other emerging women leaders from around the world, participants are exposed to a range of experiences and the beginnings of a potentially lifelong network of support.
Program Duration: 7 Weeks
Program Details: June 1 – July 17, 2020
- Program participants benefit from the guidance and mentorship of accomplished women leaders in Canada and from around the world.
- The program is led by a core team of faculty in the International Centre for Women’s Leadership and supported by other Coady faculty and associates.
This is a fully-funded opportunity in Canada. The Coady Institute women’s scholarships will cover:
PROGRAM SCHEDULE AND COMPONENTS:
For 2020, the Global Change Leaders Program consists of two main components:
- The collaborative relationship is fostered among facilitators and participants to draw out lessons and insights from their rich and diverse experiences. This consists of:
- A foundation module, in which participants focus on leadership theories and essential competencies, analysis of gender, citizenship, and power, practical understandings of these concepts and their application for women leaders within their own contexts, strengthening capacities for social innovations, partnership building in a multi-stakeholder environment, and enhancing abilities to realize citizen-driven asset-based development.
- A focus on gendered approaches for social, political and economic empowerment and community development, including addressing legitimacy and accountability in governance structures, building resilient communities and strengthening inclusive economies.
- A final module, in which participants articulate an action plan for how they will take their new learning home to provide leadership in their organizations and communities and continue to work towards empowering other women moving forward.
- September 1, 2020 – February 28, 2021: Participants will benefit from one-on-one mentoring from experienced women leaders upon their return home for up to six months to follow on the application of learning into practice. Mentors and mentees will be matched during the residency period based on specific needs and geographic locations. Participants will also join a global alumnae network of women leaders.
- Possess a minimum of five years of demonstrated leadership experience in a social or economic development endeavor in sectors such as livelihoods or inclusive economic development, food security, environment, access to education and health care, governance, political engagement of women and the rights of girls and women;
- Will be immediately returning to their community and sector following the program to put their learning into practice;
- Have a great drive and passion for their work, demonstrated through their outstanding contributions in their organizations and communities;·
- Are practitioners in civil society organizations including community-based organizations and not for profits, or active in public or private institutions, donor/philanthropic agencies, social movements or in a social enterprise/business;
- Hold a university degree or a combination of post-secondary education and experience; and
- Have strong oral and written English language competencies.
Application Deadline: November 22, 2019.
Official Link: http://coady.stfx.ca/education/global-change-leaders/