Kathmandu, April 30, 2015: The government has made an announcement of providing Rs 100,000 each to families losing members in the earthquake and additional Rs 40,000 for funeral rites.
A meeting of the Council of Ministers held at the Prime Minister’s Office at Singh Durbar on Thursday, also decided to provide similar amount to the families in Jajarkot who lost their dear ones in recent outbreak of Swine Influenza H1N1 virus, said Minister for Information and Communications Dr Minendra Rijal.
The government will also work on a war footing to provide shelter to the displaced victims of the earthquake, Minister Rijal said.
The meeting also announced providing Rs 25,000 to anyone looking to carryout maintenance of their damaged homes so that they can return to their houses. The government will also provide Rs 25,000 per individual to the hospitals for necessary implant and operation of the injured persons.
The Ministry of Health and Population will set criteria for expenses of the operation of the seriously injured quake victims. The government will also establish ‘National Re-construction Fund’ equivalent to Rs 200 billion for reconstruction of the damaged infrastructure, according to Minister Rijal. The government will initially deposit Rs 20 billion from its side and seek the rest from external donors.
Two more districts declared earthquake affected .
The government has declared Makawanpur and Okhaldhunga districts earthquake hit. The government had previously declared emergencies in 12 districts including the three districts inside Kathmandu valley.