The International Competition Network (ICN) and the World Bank Group are pleased to announce the launch of the 2019 – 2020 Competition Advocacy Contest. This contest aims to highlight the key role competition agencies, sector regulators and other governmental bodies or non-governmental organizations play in promoting competition by showcasing their advocacy success stories.
As defined by the ICN, competition advocacy refers to activities that promote a competitive environment through non-enforcement mechanisms, such as building relationships with government entities, increasing public awareness of competition’s benefits and identifying and removing anti-competitive policies and regulations.
- Winning applicants will be invited to present their stories at a joint ICN-World Bank Group event.
- Winning stories will be featured in an ICN-World Bank Group Publication.
- Competition agencies, sector regulators and other government bodies and non-governmental organizations promoting competition policy are welcome to apply.
- If you are not a member of the ICN, you should reach out to the ICN member in your jurisdiction to inform about your intention to participate in the contest. A list of all ICN members is available here.
- Joint submissions from ICN members and government bodies or non-governmental organizations are encouraged.
Eligible Region: Open for All
Application Deadline: December 20, 2019