The Google IT Apprenticeship is a 12-month program offering training and development of individuals looking to start a career in IT. They aim to build a pipeline for the next generation of IT and operations engineers, actively bridging the gap between technical employment and education.
Google aspires to be an organization that reflects the globally diverse audience that our search engine and tools serve. They believe that in addition to hiring the best talent, a diversity of perspectives, ideas and cultures leads to the creation of better products and services. Interacting with people in all parts of the company will give you insight into their unique enterprise and corporate culture.
Location: United States
- As an IT apprentice at Google, one can develop the skills that are needed to become an IT Support Professional.
- The participant will join a team at Google and will be assigned to a manager for the duration of the 12-month apprenticeship. The apprenticeship will start in August 2020.
- While onsite, the participant will have the opportunity to work alongside a team of Googlers (yes, that’s people working at Google!) to solve real-life problems. He will learn how to apply problem-solving skills to real-life challenges, pick up new technical skills such as troubleshooting multiple computing platforms, data gathering and analysis, automating repetitive tasks, remote infrastructure and fleet management, IT security and policies, and other industry practices.
- He will receive specialized training in networking, infrastructure and multi-platform system administration, and develop further skills through hands-on experience in communication technology (video and voice), hardware, mobile devices and project management.
- High school degree or GED equivalent.
- Experience in customer service roles.
- 6 months of exposure to an IT or a related technical field (i.e. personal projects, coding languages, operating systems, building computers/apps, volunteering with STEM organizations, etc).
- Experience with tech coursework, products/systems, projects, or languages.
- Passion for technology, demonstrated through extracurricular activities, hobbies, personal projects or online coursework.
- Effective communication, and organizational skills, proactive, self-motivated, positive attitude, and excellent customer service capabilities.
- Willingness to navigate ambiguous tasks, find suitable solutions and seek help/advice when working independently or within a team framework
- Authorization to work in the United States.
Eligible Regions: Open for all