Applications for Johns Hopkins Healthcare Design Competition 2020 are now being accepted! This is a competition to be held in Baltymore, Maryland.
Johns Hopkins Healthcare Design Competition is open to all student-led teams from anywhere around the world who have designed health-related solutions (Medical Devices, Surgical tools, Diagnostic Services, Drug Delivery tools, Health IT solutions, mHealth solutions & Global Health Innovations).
There will be three tracks for the participating teams to choose from
- Designs of Solutions for Advanced Health Systems
- Global Health/ Humanitarian Design
- Healthcare Apps/Information Technology Design
The participating teams will have to submit a Design Brief which is a two-page executive summary of their design project. The brief should be written for an audience of MedTech engineers and designers that are likely not intimately familiar with the proposed clinical and solution space.
Location: United States
- The winning team will receive a prestigious award.
- Scope of networking during the final presentation day.
- Detailed info about benefits can be found from the official website.
- Project must be focused on a healthcare application
- Innovations for both high-resource settings and global health applications are eligible
- Device, hardware, and digital solutions are eligible
- Project must have been started after January 1st, 2015
- Project must be driven by full-time students. Projects run by startup companies or faculty are ineligible.
- Eligible full-time students include those working towards undergraduate, masters, doctoral, and professional degrees (MBA, MD, etc.)
- Ph.D./Postdoc research projects and projects that have utilized significant research funding (>$100k) are ineligible.
Timeline of the competition:
February 18 – Submission of Proposals
March 15 – Announcement of Applicants Selected
April 19 – Finals at JHU Homewood Campus
Eligible Regions: Open for all
Application Deadline: February 17, 2020
Official Link: https://cbid.bme.jhu.edu/news-events/design-competition/