Applications for the 2020 class of Women Deliver Young Leaders are now open. Women Deliver will be accepting 300 young advocates for the next class of Young Leaders. The Women Deliver Young Leaders Program is a two-year program that trains, elevates, and empowers youth advocates to catalyze action for gender equality and the health, rights, and wellbeing of girls and women with particular emphasis on sexual and reproductive health and rights and meaningful youth engagement.
The program provides youth advocates with the training and resources necessary to extend their influence and actively shape the programs and policies that affect their lives. Started in 2010, the award-winning Women Deliver Young Leaders Program is comprised of 400 youth advocates from more than 100 countries, with 300 more scheduled to join in early 2020.
- Global visibility as champions for the health, rights, and wellbeing of girls and women.
- Networking opportunities with high-level decision-makers, stakeholders, media, private sector representatives, and other change-makers, including other youth advocates and activists working around the world.
- Structured course work led by a faculty of experts provides a solid foundation that enables each Young Leader to enact change and deliver for girls and women.
- The Women Deliver Speakers Bureau identifies national and global speaking opportunities for Young Leaders while elevating them to positions of influence and power, including on panels, on commissions, and boards.
- Women Deliver provides seed grants to select Young Leaders to implement short term advocacy and communications projects that they create to advance the health, rights, and wellbeing of girls and women in their communities and across the globe.
- Women Deliver Global Conference: All Young Leaders receive a full scholarship to attend a Women Deliver Global Conference 2019 in Canada from June 2-6, 2019. Young Leaders attend at two-day Youth Pre-Conference, participate in sessions at the Youth Zone, and receive numerous media and speaking opportunities.
- Media Opportunities & Training: The program provides in-depth media messaging and engagement training, designed to provide Young Leaders with a strong foundation to work with the media as a successful advocacy tool.
- Direct In-Country Advocacy: In their respective countries, Women Deliver Young Leaders work on the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) at the grassroots and national levels through partnerships with civil society organizations and other key stakeholders.
- Alumni Network & Mentorship Opportunities: Upon successful completion of the program, membership in the Women Deliver Young Leaders global alumni network for continued learning, networking, and support.
- Individuals between the ages of 15 and 28 can apply. Applicants must have been born between December 31, 1989, and December 31, 2002; this is to ensure Women Deliver Young Leaders are under the age of 30 for the duration of the program.
- Be proficient in English
- Have regular access to email and the internet
- Have access to a bank account or PayPal account for sponsored opportunities
- From all levels of experience with advocacy work who are committed to advancing gender equality through avenues such as policy change, community organizing, journalism and media, law, academia, research, medical and healthcare provision, and other relevant sectors
- Whose work focuses on sexual and reproductive health and rights or other gender equality issues, such as economic opportunity, political participation, violence prevention, access to education, nutrition, maternal health, climate change, and more
- Who identifies as LGBTQIA+; belonging to an indigenous community; living with a disability; ethnic or religious minorities; living with HIV; forcibly displaced from or within their country; older adolescents ages 15-19; residing in rural areas or secondary cities; or other historically marginalized populations
Eligible Regions: Open for All
Application Deadline: March 13, 2020
Official Link: https://womendeliver.org/youth/young-leaders-program/apply/