Kathmandu,Nov 22, 2014:Â Kathalaya announces the release of the following books published by NEPALAYA on WeRead e-book reader Application.
Kathalaya Publication is focused on developing Children’s Literature for early grades. Its new imprintÂ WeReadÂ will publish books for adults and young readers.This is the first time Nepalaya has released its publications on WeRead App.
The newly released â€œcfTdsyfâ€ by Rukmangad Katwal provides for an interesting read depicting an eventful life of a backward hill boy who begins as soldier and goes on to capture the top army post while witnessing groundbreaking changes to a republic.
Nurse and celebrated social worker Radha Paudelâ€™s war memoir â€œvn+udf xdnfâ€ has won the prestigious Madan Puraskar of 2070 BS. In her book, Paudel recounts her first-hand experiences of an attack by Maoist insurgents in Khalanga, Jumla on November 14, 2002 where she was stationed. According to her, the war in Jumla has been the most unforgettable experience in her life. The book goes beyond war narratives and touches parts of the human soul and suffering in ways that are astounding and poignant at the same time.
“Binod Chaudhary: Aatmakathaâ€ is the life story of one of the most successful entrepreneurs of contemporary Nepal. The book embodies Chaudharyâ€™s modest upbringing with fascinating accounts of his business life and politics in Nepal.
This Android and iOS based application is the first of its kind in the Nepalese market created to promote Nepali books, authors and publishers in and outside of Nepal. The app will feature books by Nepali writers and publishers in Nepali, English and other regional languages supported by the Devnagari script. WeRead app is currently available on Android and iOS platform based mobile devices and tabs. A special version for PCs and laptops to promote â€˜e-libraryâ€™ will be available in a couple of months. The app is developed by Vogue Nepal Studio.
As publishers, we feel it is important to recognize and expand the Nepali readership as best we can by promoting deserving writers and other publishers. WeRead app is an attempt to digitize Nepalâ€™s literary works to make it accessible all over Nepal and the international market. This will also be the platform for publishers to make new releases instantly accessible to Nepali readers all over the world. We are certain that this effort will help Nepali literature grow and flourish beyond Nepalâ€™s boundaries.
Â Features of WeRead Application:
- Free application downloads.
- Featuring popular and newly released Nepali books and magazines.
- Application available on Android platform-based mobile devices and tabs.
- Application will soon be available for PCs and laptops.
- Purchase of books from anywhere around the world through easy and safe national and international payment gateways such as PayPal and eSewa (banks in future).
- Easy reading features such as adjustable font size, bokmarks and day/night modes.
- Book previews and writing book reviews.
- An online platform for selling, promoting and marketing books by upcoming authors and publishers.
- Publishers may upload their books on WeRead app on their own.
- Publishers can keep track of their book downloads online.
- Major book publishers from Nepal are in the process of becoming a part of WeRead app.