Lionel Messi and Luis SuÃ¡rez, and Real Madrid’s Cristiano Ronaldo are the three nominees for the 2014/15 UEFA Best Player in Europe Award.Â The jury will then cast their votes for the outright winner during the 2015/16 UEFA Champions League group stage draw in Monaco on Thursday 27 August. Past editions have been won byÂ Lionel Messi (2011) ,Andres Iniesta(2012), Franck Ribery(2013)Â andÂ Ronaldo(2014)
Lionel Messi (Argentina â€“ Barcelona)
-Broke Telmo zarra’s record of 251 Liga goals with hat-trick against Sevilla on 22 November. -Finished Barcelona’s treble-winning term with 58 strikes in all competitions, including a Â Â double in the Blaugrana’s Copa del Rey final victory against Athletic Club.
– Ended the UEFA Champions League campaign as the ten-goal joint top scorerÂ along with Ronaldo and club-mate Neymar.
– Level with Ronaldo on 77 UEFA Champions League goals and 80 in UEFA club competition after the 2015 UEFA Super Cup.
Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal â€“ Real Madrid)
– The leading marksman in the Spanish Liga (48 goals) and the joint-top UEFA Champions League scorer. His output of 61 on all fronts for Madrid was a career-best from a season in which he leapfrogged Alfredo Di StÃ©fano into second place on the club’s all-time list.
-Notched five in a match for the first timeÂ as the Whites defeated Granada 9-1 on 5 April. Finished the campaign with three successive hat-tricks against Espanyol Getafe and Armenia.
Luis SuÃ¡rez (Uruguay â€“ Barcelona)
– On target twice in the UEFA Champions League round of 16 first leg against Manchester City Â his first return to England since leaving Liverpool.
– Formed a devastating three-pronged strike force with Neymar and Messi which yielded 122 goals in all competitions, and began this season by scoring in the UEFA Super Cup win against Sevilla.
The winner will be announced on 27 August.