Kathmandu, July 4, 2017: The Department of Immigration on Monday launched a mobile app for visa application and other services of the department.
Home Minister Janardan Sharma launched the ‘Nepal Immigration’ app amidst a special function organized in the capital on Monday.
The app will allow foreigners to apply for various kinds of visas online with their Android mobile phones.
The app consists of all immigration related information on a single platform, where users can apply for various immigration services including visa applications and trekking permits.
The mobile app also has information about visa information and immigration rules useful to foreigners visiting Nepal.
Speaking at the launch ceremony, Minister Sharma expressed confidence that the mobile app would help the service seekers to easily access immigration services. Arguing that it was an important digital tool, Minister Sharma stressed on its proper use.
‘Nepal Immigration’ also includes details of contacts of Nepali missions abroad so as to help Nepalis visiting and living in other countries.
Key features in the app:
- Online Applications for VISA in Nepal
- Information on VISA services
- Apply for Trekking Permit and its process
- Information on tourists’ Entry, Exit and Stay in Nepal
- Notice to foreign nationals staying in Nepal
- Information on Entry/Exit points for Tourists
- National Anthem
- Key notices related to the Department of Immigration
- Feedback & Suggestions
Using the app, you can:
- Call hotline for services
- Check your travel history.
- Get latest notices from the Department of Immigration in the mobile ap.
- Get Information related to arrival and departure
- Get info about visa fee structure
- Read FAQs related to arrival to Nepal.
- Access emergency assistance numbers of various countries.
- Know about rules and regulations for immigrations
- Know the various entry and exit points in Nepal, both through lands (border points) as well as through air (TIA).
- Convert Gregorian calendar date to Nepali and vice-versa
- Provide feedback to the department of immigration through the app