Applications are now open for one Beat International Music Exchange Program 2020 for emerging musical leaders from around the world to collaboratively create original work and to develop a global network of civically engaged music initiatives.
One Beat is a music exchange and incubator for music-based social entrepreneurship, where innovative musicians from around the world launch collaborative projects designed to make a positive impact on local and global communities.
An initiative of the U.S. State Department’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs in collaboration with the groundbreaking New York-based music organization Bang on a Can’s Found Sound Nation, OneBeat employs collaborative original music as a potent new form of cultural diplomacy.
- One Beat offers musicians the opportunity to collaborate on new projects and to explore new music traditions.
- The One Beat program covers all fellow’s travel, transportation, food, and lodging.
- They also offer a modest stipend.
- They are not able to pay performance fees, One Beat offers follow a chance to create new material, establish lifelong musical partnership and friendship, learn new marketable skills and develop professional connections.
- Applicants must be between 19 and 35-year-old during the program dates.
- Applicants should be able to converse in and understand basic English, as it will be the common language of the One Beat program.
- Similarly, they welcome music of all genres, including traditional/folk, hip hop, electronic, jazz, experimental, classical, sound design, beat-making, multimedia art or any combination of these styles and more.
Eligible Regions: Albania, Algeria, Barbados, Bolivia, Bosnia Herzegovina, Brazil, Cambodia, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Egypt, Ethiopia, Greenland, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Jordan, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Madagascar, Malaysia, Mali, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palestinian Territories, Philippines, Russia, Senegal, South Africa, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Tunisia, Turkey, United States, Uzbekistan, Venezuela, Zimbabwe.
Application Deadline: December 20, 2019.
Official Link: https://1beat.org/apply/