The One Young World Journalist of the Year Award was created to recognize five of the most promising young journalists between the ages of 18 to 35 from around the world. The purpose of this award is to highlight the work of young journalists who are fearlessly and boldly inspiring others through their work, changing the way stories are reported, and empowering others by giving them a voice.
In an age of mass information and misinformation, the role of journalists is more important than ever. Our societies rely on the core values of journalism – truthfulness, and objectivity- to stay informed and shape opinions.
- Access to the entirety of the One Young World Summit 2020 in Munich
- Hotel accommodation on a private basis between 13 and 17 (inclusive) October 2020
- The cost of travel to and from Munich (flights in economy)
- Catering, which includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue
- Be aged between 18 and 35 years old
- Have substantial evidence of the impact and importance of their journalism
- Be passionate about the right to freedom of thought, expression and speech
- Have a demonstrable interest in the pursuit of social, economic and/or political rights through journalism
Eligible Regions: Open for all
Application Deadline: April 30, 2020
Official Link: https://www.oneyoungworld.com/journalist-year-award