The ODI 2020-2022 fellowship scheme is now open for applications. The Scheme places young and highly motivated ODI Fellows as economists and statisticians in public sector posts in developing country governments on two-year contracts. ODI Fellows are employed as local civil servants reporting to local managers. Fellows work in a range of institutions from finance and planning ministries to ministries of health and education, as well as central banks, statistics offices, and regulatory bodies.
The ODI Fellowship Scheme is highly competitive and extremely prestigious. ODI Fellows have gone on to make successful careers in the World Bank, the IMF, the UK’s DFID and a wide range of public and private sector organizations.
Location: Overseas Development Institute
- GBP 21,000 (GBP 23,000 in the second year) plus accommodation allowance
- With excellent academic qualifications, a sound grasp of applying economic and statistical theory to real-world problems.
- An ability to communicate economic and statistical ideas to non-specialists.
- A willingness to integrate into what are often very different cultural and bureaucratic environments.
- A master’s degree or Ph.D. in economics, statistics or a related discipline is required.
- Need to have completed their postgraduate degree by the time postings commence.
- Apply for any of the streams described below provided they are suitably qualified.
- Applicants may be generalists or have specialized areas of expertise.
Eligible Region: Open for all
Application Deadline: 11 December 2019
Official Link: https://www.odi.org/odi-fellowship-scheme