Home Business Paddy worth over Rs. 1.25 billion was imported from India

Paddy worth over Rs. 1.25 billion was imported from India

297
0
Paddy worth over Rs. 1.25 billion was imported from India
Paddy worth over Rs. 1.25 billion was imported from India

Pathari, 19th January,2015  Paddy worth Rs 1.25 billion was imported in the eastern region from India till the date in the current fiscal year 2070/71 BS.

 

According to the Biratnagar Custom Office chief Rajendra Dahal, the imported amount is 51,113 metric tonnes. Last year, 10 thousand 922 metric tonnes of paddy was imported to the region.

Paddy worth over Rs. 1.25 billion was imported from India
Paddy worth over Rs. 1.25 billion was imported from India

 

The ratio of the imported paddy was found to have increased by five times.

 

The domestic paddy only meets 60 per cent of the total demand and the rest 40 per cent has to be imported from India.

 

Source : RSS

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.