Kathmandu, November 30, 2017: Rockstart Impact on 24 November 2017 hosted an interactive session with Amuda Mishra, an entrepreneur who not only has had financial success, but also created an impact in her fields. The session was held with a belief that talking to, interacting with and sharing stories with successful entrepreneurs help the younger generation of entrepreneurs to stay true to their aim and power-on through any troubles that they may face.
Mishra is a lady who was listed as one of the Women to Watch by WOW magazine in 2016, and her accomplishments certainly attest to it. Amuda, in 2017, co-founded DOCHAA – A Nepali Shoe Company that employs local artisans and makes shoes using local fabrics. However, since 2013, she has been working on projects promoting sustainable development, gender-inclusive leadership and community empowerment in rural Nepal. In 2013 she founded the Ujyalo Foundation, a non-profit organization focusing on sustainable development in Nepal. She is also the initiator of programs like ‘EmpowHER’ a leadership and idea incubation program for young women, and ‘NiDARR’ the only smart phone enabled gender-based violence reporting tool in Nepal.
The inspirational talk was the closing event of Rockstart Impact’s Mentor Week, that began on the 20th of November 2017. The week was filled with workshops and events where the Dutch mentors and the Nepali coaches, got to know the ten Rockstart Impact entrepreneurs. The week-long event saw action-packed programs like speed meetings, company visits, business model workshop, impact assessment workshop that sought to help the entrepreneurs. Throughout the event-packed week, the entrepreneurs constantly received new and different ideas and feedback from the industry leaders that are mentoring them but also from the other companies in the program. By the end of the mentor week, the enterpernures were matched with specific mentors and coaches so that maximum learning can be extracted from the knowledge-sharing sessions.
Below is the list of 10 Rockstart Impact 2017-2018 entrepreneurs:
- Godam Sewa: Established in 2014, Godam Sewa is the first warehouse service industry based in Nepal. It started with just 4,000 square feet of space but now has expanded and is currently providing 500,000 square feet of space in different parts of Kathmandu.
- Healthy Diet & Food: Healthy Diet & Food currently produces biscuits sold under the names of Coconut Biscuit, Healthy Bite, Choco Champ, Milk Mazza, Top Biscuit, Butter Cracker and Marie Biscuit. They are planning to produce international quality biscuits in Nepal to replace the existing demand for international biscuits.
- Indradevi Strawberry Farm: Established in 2011 Indradevi Strawberry Farmhas 9 plus acres of land for Strawberry production. They aim not only to produce the most delicious strawberry, but also create jobs for the local residents of Kakani.
- Kanjirowa Agro Farm: Kanjirowa Agro Farm produces different types of high quality seedling based on demand in a control environment supported with the relevant hi-tech technology. They produce seedlings with uniformed growth, high yields and better adaptability in the environment.
- Mount Everest Organic Coffee: Established in 2008 Mount Everest Organic Coffee, initialy started as a trading company to export Nepali coffee. In fact, their founder Mr. Phul Kumar Lama was the first person in Nepal to export coffee.
- Rudyn Agriflora: Established in 1991 Rudyn Agriflora concentrates mainly in the large-scale exports of bulbous, tuberous and rhizomatous plants. They have been exporting to vaious countires from 1993, and at present they are exporting around five to ten tons each year to USA, Germany and Japan.
- Sarathi Cab: Established in 2016 Sarathi is a taxi company that has blended the traditional way of providing transportation services with a modern market model creating their own niche market. They are the only taxi company which offers 100% ride on meter, 24*7 service in KTM city, clean cars, skilled and equipped drivers.
- Tripathi Group: Founded in 2014, the Tripathi Group has constructed a Tissue Culture lab in Chitwan, with the support of the Nepali goverment. They are also recognized by the Ministry of Agriculture for the Banana tissue culture seedling production.
- UG Enterprises (I am the gardener): UG Enterprisesis a venture packed with innovative, passionate and young bunch of people but has the lineage of decades long gardening heritage, which is deeply embedded in its foundation. They provide hassle free, easy to care, fully finished potted product, which can be just picked and placed with ease in desire surrounding.
- Urban Girl Inc: Established in 2012, Urban Girl Inc is an e-commerce site that has expanded from just being a shopping platform for girls, to, the one site solution to your online shopping woes. Recently they have added customized cakes, tee, and necklace to their services.