UK, June 12, 2016: A seagull in the UK has become an instant celebrity after it fell into a vat of curry and was dyed bright orange.
The hungry gull had apparently been trying to scavenge meat from an outdoor food factory bin when it fell into a waste vat of chicken tikka masala, according to Lucy Kells, a veterinary nurse at Vale Wildlife Hospital & Rehabilitation Centre in Gloucestershire, England, who detailed the bird’s plight in a Facebook post.
“Anyone fancy a curry? This poor chap did!” Kells wrote.
“Sadly he was enjoying it so much he fell in!”
The seagull was rescued by workers at the factory, before being picked up by a volunteer from the wildlife hospital. Staff at the hospital then cleaned the curry from the bird using washing-up liquid.
“We’ve cleaned him up and he is doing well, with no upset tummy! Hopefully he’ll stick to a much more bland diet in the future!!” Kells said.