Kathmandu, 26 December, 2017: Shiksha Nepal is set to organize National Poem Competition on 28 January 2018. Aspiring poets throughout the country have been invited to file their applications for the competition. The motto of the competition for this year is ‘Write and Win’.
Interested applicants can file their poems (less than 3 minutes when performing) with their pp sized photo and registration fee of Rs. 200 before 10 January through Shiksha Nepal’s authorized volunteers. The participants are categorized in two categories- Young Poet (15 years and below) and Youth Poet (15 to 25 years old).
Announcement of Top 100 Selection: 14th January, 2018
Workshop by National Poets: 17th January, 2018
Guidelines and Rules
- Participants must be residents of Nepal.
- Competition is confined to amateur.
- English and Nepali poems are accepted.
- The entries should be the original one and should not have been published before.
Awards and Recognition
Top 3 winners will be awarded with;
- Cash Prize (Rs. 5,000/Rs. 3,000/Rs.1500)
- Poem will be published in National Newspaper
- Performance opportunity at main Event
Top 5 will be awarded with trophy and top 100 winners will get workshop opportunity and Certificate of participation.