The Heller School for Social Policy and Management at Brandeis University is offering the Sidney Topol Fellowship in Nonviolence Practice to applicants for the Masters Degree program in Coexistence and Conflict (COEX) in AY 2020/2021.
Location: United States
- Full tuition scholarship.
- This fellowship does not cover airfare, fees, health insurance, or housing.
- Applicants for the Sidney Topol Fellowship in Nonviolence Practice must prove that their community benefitted from their personal commitment to nonviolent principles through prior volunteer or work projects.
- Applicants must also commit to return to their community within the next two years to establish projects in nonviolence.
- Topol Fellows will be responsible for planning and coordinating the Sidney Topol Lecture in Nonviolence which will bring to campus a leader in the field.
- Topol Fellows will secure required practicum placements in organizations that use nonviolence methods to achieve sustainable peace, or in organizations committed to developing such methods.
- Recipients of the Sidney Topol Fellowships in Nonviolence Practice will be required to produce a report detailing their experiences at Heller and in the field, and to share their expectations for furthering a career focused on the use of nonviolent methods in conflict-ridden areas.
Eligible Regions: Open for All
Application Deadline: April 15, 2020