Applications are now open for Swedish Institute’s SI Leader Lab 2020. Swedish Institute’s Leader Lab 2020 will bring together 50 young influential civil society leaders in South Asia, the MENA region and Sweden who are active advocates of gender equality. The overarching objective is to strengthen leaders who are working for gender equality.
The program is as much about personal as professional development. It is about growing as a person with renewed confidence and insights and growing as a leader with new tools, methods, and perspectives.
The particular expertise and experience of the participants will largely determine the topics that SI works on. The following broader issues, however, will be central: value-based leadership and group development; effective advocacy methods; and, how to work efficiently with and within networks. The training will be conducted with a rights-based approach.
- Training and content
- Accommodation, food and domestic transport during the program
- Flight tickets to and from module 2 and 3 in Sweden
- Insurance covering acute illness and accident when in Sweden
- Visa expenses exceeding 500 SEK (approx 50 USD)
- Have a leading position (formal or informal) in a civil society organization or network working for gender equality.
- Work in a collaborative setting, where you have a leadership role (formal or informal).
- Are between 22 and 32 years old (born 1987–1998).
- Have a good working knowledge of both written and spoken English.
- Are available to take part in all parts of the program.
- Are prepared to forward competences and knowledge they gain from the program to their team, organization or other relevant actors.
- Swedish citizens/residents working in relevant organizations will be able to apply to the program as strategic partners.
Eligible Regions: Afghanistan, Algeria, Bangladesh, Egypt, India, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Nepal, Pakistan, Palestine, Sri Lanka, Syria, Tunisia, Yemen.
Application Deadline: December 4, 2019