The International Student Conference (ISC) was founded in 1954 in order to fulfil the mission of the sponsoring International Student Association, “Contributing to World Peace.” Every year, for two weeks during the summer, students from around the world gather in Japan to engage in academic discussions and cultural exchanges. The 66th International Student Conference will take place in Osaka, Japan from August 16th to 24th. During the span of nine days, participants will discuss and come up with solutions to tackle current global issues. At the end of the conference, participants will share their discussion outcomes through presentations and proposals, which will be submitted to the Japanese government or other organizations.
The overall theme of the 66th International Student Conference (ISC66) reads, “Global Citizens: Our Action, Our Future.” The current movement of globalization itself is facing numerous obstacles such as terrorism, violation of human rights, inequity, and more. They believe that “Global Citizens” are individuals who are aware of these current issues and determined to take action to resolve those issues. Through problem solving and cooperation, they expect to bring changes to achieve a sustainable society. Lastly, they believe they can also empower peers in realizing themselves as global citizens who are capable of creating a sustainable future.
- Able to discuss current topics in the present world with students from all over the globe.
- Able to voice your discussion outcomes to the society through presentations and proposals, which will be submitted to relevant organizations such as the Japanese Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Learn from and discuss ideas with activists and academics, along with NGO officers in related fields.
- Experience and engage in various cultural exchanges.
- Dedicated to this conference, motivated, and responsible during all activities.
- Enrolled in college, university or graduate school overseas, and be above 18 years old as of June 1st, 2020.
- Able to come to Japan and participate in the entire program
- Have a proficient level of English to be able to join academic discussions in English.
- The participation fee is 35,000 JPY.
Eligible Regions: Open for all
Application Deadline: March 17, 2020
Official Link: https://www.japan-isc.org/